Home Smoke Detector
Every home should have smoke detectors. Some detectors sense smoke using optical detection while others sense smoke using a physical process such as ionization. When smoke is detected, they trigger your alarm system to notify you of an emergency, and can automatically dispatch emergency personnel, so that you can take action and protect your home before it’s too late.
There are various kinds of smoke detectors available on the market, and the kind that works best for your home depends on how sensitive you’d like the smoke detectors to be. For example, you might want a slightly less sensitive sensor in your kitchen if you do cooking that may cause a lot of smoke, and more sensitive sensors for your bedrooms and living areas. Regardless of what kind of smoke detector you opt for, it is imperative that you have them and keep them operating properly. Be sure to change the batteries often according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Why We Like It
• Provides a warning of a possible fire before it’s too late
• Can automatically trigger your alarm and notify emergency personnel
• Come in various levels of sensitivity depending on where they will be used in your home
• Almost any security system can integrate with smoke detecting sensors
Who Is It For?
• Every home should have at least two smoke detectors, and possibly more depending upon the size of the home