Home Motion Detector
Motion detectors act as a second line of defense in your home security system. Motion detectors utilize various technologies such as infrared, ultrasonic, or microwave sensors. If an intruder enters your home and the alarm doesn’t engage, an armed motion detector can alarm you of the intruder’s presence. Motion detectors can also be used outdoors as part of your home security system. If you wish to protect your home’s perimeter, motion detectors can be utilized to detect and illuminate areas where motion is detected.
Advanced technologies have allowed some motion detectors to activate only if the motion is caused by someone over a certain size or weight. These types of motion detectors work great for many homeowners with pets who roam the house freely. These sensors allow you to arm your home security system when you leave the house without your pets accidentally setting off the alarm. The type of motion detector that will function best with your home security system depends on your installation and your home environment.
Why We Like It
• Provides added security beyond the standard door and window sensors
• Can be used both indoors and outdoors
• Certain models are “pet friendly” and won’t trigger your alarm if it’s just your pet
• Almost any security system can integrate with motion detecting sensors
Who Is It For?
• Homeowners looking for extra security and peace of mind