Carbon Monoxide Monitoring
Home Carbon Monoxide Monitor
Carbon monoxide detectors are similar to smoke detectors, as they are used to detect the presence of carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. Common sources of carbon monoxide in the home stem from space heaters, water heaters, or a gas leak.
Carbon monoxide detectors can mean the difference between life and death. Since carbon monoxide is an odorless gas, most people will be unaware of a danger before it is too late. By utilizing carbon monoxide detectors in your home security system, you can be warned by your alarm system of potentially dangerous carbon monoxide levels in your home.
Why We Like It
• They warn of dangerous levels of carbon monoxide before it’s too late
• Simple to integrate with your existing home security system
• Very little maintenance required
Who Is It For?
• All homeowners, but especially those with gas appliances such as kitchen appliances, water heaters, or space heaters
• Homeowners with fireplaces and garages, as blocked chimneys and running cars in the garage can cause dangerous levels of carbon monoxide