What is Home Automation?By Home Security Source Sep 21, 2010 | 10:00:00 amPosted in: Home, House, Home Automation
Are you in control of your home? Are you able to manage your home even when you’re not there? Is your home a smart home? Here’s some great news – you can be completely in control with home automation! It’s convenient. It’s simple. And it’s safe.
Home automation is basically a way to control your home’s features and appliances from a centralized - and even remote - location. You can do something as simple as turning off all your lights from your cell phone to something as complex as receiving real time video footage of your home on demand.
With so many cool features and applications, home automation serves many different purposes and provides some great benefits. There are exceptional security solutions offered which will make you, and your family, feel safe in your home. Home automation is also a great way to manage your home’s energy consumption – not to mention lower the energy bills. And home entertainment can universally be controlled with the touch of a button or even voice recognition.
Here are some examples of everyday uses of home automation:
• Answer the door from any phone in the house.
• Automate your lights and thermostat to change settings at different times throughout the day. You’ll especially love this when you receive your monthly electric bills.
• Unlock your door from your cell phone when your kids forget their house keys or program your locks to unlock at certain times of the day to let in your housekeeper or in-laws. This feature can really save the day!
• Make your house warmer on a cold morning by adjusting the thermostat or turning on the bathroom heater right from the comfort of your bed.
• Receive emails, text messages and even real time videos when someone enters and leaves your home. If you’re a mother with teenagers, you’ve got to love that!
Although home automation was an expensive luxury in the past, it is now more accessible and much more affordable. There are products available for every income level that can be installed in new or existing homes.
With home automation, you have the ability to control your home. And make it smarter!
*Content expressed in Home Security Source does not represent the thoughts and opinions of ADT unless explicitly indicated. Bloggers featured on HomeSecuritySource.com are professionals compensated by ADT. Please visit our Community Guidelines page for additional details.