5 Tips For Preventing Drunk DrivingBy Home Security Source Apr 1, 2011 | 10:25:00 amPosted in: Family, Travel
Every 50 minutes someone dies in a drunk driving accident in this county and one in three of us will be involved in an alcohol related accident in our lifetimes. Here are five tips to preventing drunk driving.
• Have a designated driver. Before you or our friends leave for a party, bar or anywhere you will be drinking designate a driver. The designated driver should have the car keys and should not drink any alcohol during the evening.
• If you are hosting a party offer non-alcoholic refreshments.
• Never let anyone drive drunk – even for a short distance. Take their keys and call a cab to take them home.
• Help educate people about the dangers of drunk driving by working with organizations like Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and setting a good example.
• Push your legislators for stricter drunk driving laws and stiffer penalties for those who drink and drive.
Car Safety – Tips For Spotting A Drunk Drive
Driving Safety Tips – How to Report Drunk Driving
B Careful When U Txt & Drive
Important Rules for Teen Drivers
*Content expressed in Home Security Source does not represent the thoughts and opinions of ADT unless explicitly indicated. Bloggers featured on HomeSecuritySource.com are professionals compensated by ADT. Please visit our Community Guidelines page for additional details.