Cool Ways to use ADT PulseBy Child Safety Specialist Aug 16, 2010 | 10:45:00 amPosted in: Family, Home
Over this past week we’ve had three dinner parties (no, it’s not usually that busy at our home!) and, without a doubt, the conversation always ended up coming back to our new ADT Pulse system. In fact, it started to be a bit of a game – who can come up with the coolest way of using it? Here were some interesting suggestions:
• One family was going away on vacation for two weeks and didn’t want to waste water and electricity by having their lawn sprinkler go on every day if it was raining. They would remotely turn it on and off only on the days they needed it
• A friend’s daughter never remembers to turn off her lights (hmmmm, sounds like mine!) He would program the system so if there is no motion in her bedroom the lights would automatically shut off.
• One mom is worried about her daughter bringing her boyfriend home afterschool when she is not there. She would program the system to take a photo every time the front or back door opens so she can see who is walking in the door.
• Everyone agreed that the babysitter is not allowed in the parent’s bedroom. The system can send an e-mail or alert if motion has been sensed in that room.
• One family has a ski house. The wanted to install the ADT Pulse system on this house so that they could have the heat turn up when they were 45 minutes away from arriving on the weekends.
Even my kids are coming up with new ways to program it and use it. I laugh sometimes because I keep thinking of the old cartoon The Jetsons that I used to watch when I was a kid. I guess the only thing ADT Pulse is missing is whipping up dinner for me!
*Content expressed in Home Security Source does not represent the thoughts and opinions of ADT unless explicitly indicated. Bloggers featured on HomeSecuritySource.com are professionals compensated by ADT. Please visit our Community Guidelines page for additional details.