The Benefits of Medical AlarmsBy Home Security Source Oct 9 , 2010 | 11:00:00 amPosted in: Personal Safety, Senior Safety
Accidents can happen on any given day, at any time, and it is essential to do everything possible to prepare for them. This is particularly true in the case of the elderly, who are at greater risk to experience accidents such as falling or fainting. Medical alarms are a great tool for seniors. They are personal emergency alarm devices which are monitored 24/7. If there is an accident or a situation arises where someone needs help, medical alarms provide instant assistance at the touch of a button. They also provide peace of mind knowing that help is instantly available, at all times.
Here are some great benefits from using a medical alarm:
• Seniors can maintain independence in their home. Loved ones do not have to worry.
• Many devices are waterproof for use in the shower, a place where many falls occur.
• They are always in reach. Commonly worn around the neck, medical alarms are always with you or your loved ones for assistance.
• They ensure rapid responses in times of need and connect you with trained emergency personnel.
• Personal information, such as allergies, medical conditions and unique needs, are kept on file and communicated to emergency professionals. This ensures proper care is given during a critical time.
• In addition to medical emergencies, medical alarms serve as security devices too. You or your loved ones will feel protected while at home.
There is a common misconception that cell phones can take the place of medical alarms. They can’t! Pressing one button and having assistance immediately is quite different from dialing an entire phone number, waiting for someone to come on the line, explaining that an accident has occurred and then providing contact information. If someone is injured, they may not be able to complete all of those steps successfully. Some advanced medical alarms do not even require you to press a button if you fall. Help is alerted immediately. Cell phones simply cannot do that.
Don’t wait for an emergency to occur before you decide it is time to invest in a medical alarm. Be prepared! And provide yourself or your loved ones with peace of mind that there is help available with the click of a button.
It’s possible to find more information in our Family Action Plan during Medical Emergencies .
*Content expressed in Home Security Source does not represent the thoughts and opinions of ADT unless explicitly indicated. Bloggers featured on HomeSecuritySource.com are professionals compensated by ADT. Please visit our Community Guidelines page for additional details.